How to do Hard Things that go Beyond What's Expected or Required
Complacency is dangerous. Today, expectations are so low that is easy for us to just procrastinate and not reach for the top, but God has made expectations so high "so that we won't make the mistake of aiming low. He made them unreachable so that we would never have an excuse to stop growing"
Here are a few questions from the book to help identify complacency;
1. What areas of my life do I nt care about that I know I should care aabout?
2. In what areas have i fallen short of God's standards and my own potential?
3. In what areas have I settled for just getting by when I know I could do better if I really tried?
4. In what areas have I decided that things "will always be this way" without ever putting in the kind of effort that really changes things?
It is very easy to fall into the pit and sin of lazyness, and not do our best...we accomplish just enough school to scrap by a test, and everything else that we do is half-hearted and not unto the Lord.
We have the ability to raise the bar and "go above and beyond what our culture expects and take us closer to what God expects:
1) Do what's hard for you
2) Be known for what you do (more than for what you don't)
3) Pursue excellence, not excuses
And one that I added...do ALL things unto the Lord, and please Him! Know that you've done your VERY best without a doubt!!
What is one way you have been compliant on something you shouldn't have been?
~Bethany, Jenna and Josh~