Monday, December 14, 2009

Most People Don't......

A Different Kind of Teen Book

Bethany:

Wooohooo! The beginning of a new book........and hopefully, a new life! Do Hard Things. Don't get scared away by this title, 'cause this is going to be a most exciting ride. When I first read this book, I was like "this is exactly what I've been trying to say all along! Teens have no goal in life and for 7 years of their lives they are shaping themselves into lazy, worthless bums with no goal in life." Sounds mean? It's the truth. I've seen it all over.

Alex and Brett have now stood up against it and is telling you all to join the club so we can follow the "better way - a way to reach higher, dream bigger, grow stronger, love and honor God, live with more joy - and quite wasting our lives. (pg. 8) So hop aboard, there's plenty of room. This is going to be an amazing journey............


Jenna:

I sat down yesterday, to read the first chapter of Do Hard Things, since I've never read the book before. When I finally looked up from the book, I realized that I was at least half way through:) I couldn't stop reading. This book is wonderful, and when I set it down, I truly felt pushed to do something hard, and take a challenge and stand for something...all of last night I was pondering what I should do, but then I realized that I should really pray about it, because God already has something in mind for me!

My goal in life is not to skate by on the bare minimum, but instead, to "rediscover the better way - a way to reach higher, dream bigger, grow stronger, love and honor God, live with more joy - and quit wasting (my) life." pg. 8 This book has already got me excited to "Do Hard Things" for Christ!! I want to be a different kind of "teen" and I want to use my single years to serve the Lord and not waste them.

Josh:
With great enthusiasm I can say "We started Do Hard Things!"

Today's society has developed a stereotypical teenager. The expectations for these teenagers are low at best. People view teenagers as lazy, self pleasing kids. And when that's what the bar has been set at, most teens see no motivation to be better than what people expect of them. When going through the book, we will see and be inspired to do hard things and live changed, productive lives for the Lord and not merely default to the expectation of the "average teen".

Let's Do Hard Things!

Alright, let's hear your thoughts!

~Bethany, Josh and Jenna~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! I AM SO THRILLED THAT YOU ARE DOING THIS BOOK! I have only read a couple of chapters, but I LOVE it! It is SO TRUE!
Thanks,
-Emily

Joanna said...

We just bought the book this semester. It is so good! I read at least 3 chapters before I could put it down. Some of the exact same things I had been trying to talk about and explain to friends they said(albeit more eloquently). I recommend this book to everyone, not just kids. Someone I know read this book before me and I saw such a change...it was amazing. I look forward to reading your thoughts and comments on the book.

Rachel said...

I can't wait to start this book, everyone. I have it reserved at the library, so I'm anxiously waiting for it to come in!

~Rachel

Elizabeth said...

Well, everyone, I was planning on reading this fantastic book with you. However, our house has been rather chaotic today not to mention that Leah was sick. I hope to catch up soon!!

Elizabeth

Jenna said...

To Rachel and Elizabeth~ You feel free to jump in whenever you get the book or whenever you get the chance!

Thank you for the comments:)
~Jenna, Bethany and Josh