Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Birth of a Big Idea!

Bethany -



The Rebelution - made up by two 16 year old twins "combining the words rebellion and revolution to form an entirely new word for an entirely new concept: rebelling against rebellion. More precisely, we define rebelution as 'a teenage rebellion against low expectations.'



"While this chapter talks primarily about how The Rebelution was begun, it has a few very important things to note. #1. The Rebelution is made up of teens just like you and me....very normal teens. Maybe we don't get all A's in school or maybe we don't typically tend to do anything hard just because. Well guess what, this book is DEFINITELY for you! These may be some of the things addressed in this book. #2. In this chapter, the Harris brothers tell us about a few different thing done but some of the rebelutionaries. Tough stuff, but they did it.



Now can we say that teens can't do hard things? I think not. I'll join Alex and Brett in saying:



(This) is our invitation to you - to join with us and other teenagers who are serious about changing the world's ideas about the teen years. In the upcoming chapters, we'll show you how.





Jenna -



Doing the "hard thing" isn't easy - at least I don't think that it is! I could list a whole bunch of "hard things" that I've done, or attempted to do, but since I wasn't putting my best foot forward I failed. In this chapter, I was reminded of how rewarding it is when I actually do something hard, applying all of my effort to it and even if my success isn't *amazing*, I have the satisfaction of trying my best instead of not at all.



In general, we as "teenagers" are often thought of as lazy, trouble makers, or constantly "testing our limits" and in general, not trustworthy etc. That is not what I want to be known for! I want to be a teenager who loves the Lord, is trustworthy, who has a hard work ethic, and does all with my best effort and for the glory of the Lord:)



What is your goal as a teenager? Are you going to help raise the "bar"/standard?




Italic
Josh -

The Rebelution is made by combining Rebellion and Revolution to make an entirely new word for an entirely new concept: Rebelling against rebellion. More precisely, we define rebelution as "a teenage rebellion against low expectations."

As I said in my last post here, teenagers are surrounded by low expectations, and when the there is no standard they fail to rise past the low expectations set by the culture. The Harris brothers are out to change that! And we as young christian teens with a vision to change the world can join them! Lets start a Rebelution!

Blessings,

Josh, Jenna, and Bethany

No comments: